Monday, January 3, 2011

New resolutions

Maybe it's silly, a bit delusional even, but this past New Year's Eve felt like a fresh start. I celebrated with some very good friends, and maybe that's part of it - but I feel hopeful about 2011, I really do. Lately, I just haven't enjoyed drawing at all (which my lack of blog posts will attest to), so my new year's resolution was either going to be to draw more, or to quit drawing completely.

I've decided to let doubt be a thing I leave behind in 2010. If and when I draw, it's going to be because I want to. 2011 is going to be the year I take my artwork to new places, creatively and even geographically. On the other hand, if I do decide to quit drawing, I'll find a new pursuit and I won't look back. Whatever I decide to do, I will do it wholeheartedly. I'm barrelling full speed ahead towards an unknown goal, and I quite like it.

3 comments:

Carolina Grönholm said...

Good for you! but you should not quit drawing!

Raz said...

I like it. Good luck and see you along the road :)

Juan said...

I vote draw more.