Wednesday, September 9, 2009

096


(click the image to see it in a readable size)
Translation:
"Where am I?"
"This is your stop, sonny. If you're getting off, get off."
"What?"
"I stumble into town"
"You told me to make sure you get off at this stop."
"Oh. Okay."
"like a drunken clown"
"Sorry, but we're behind schedule as it is."
"(Why am I here?)"

Here's the second page of Mystery Man. I had the script done for another four pages, but with the artist's block I mentioned yesterday, I only managed to get these two done in time to send off as samples to the Comics School. I'd like to think I would've gotten in if I'd just had a few more pages in my portfolio. Three story pages was probably just not enough (Yes, there's another page coming tomorrow, but not part of Mystery Man).
Admittedly, there are some iffy parts here... The faces are kind of inconsistent, and I probably should've inked this with a brush instead of a pen. I can also see how people would find the captions a little mystifying. They're meant as a counterpoint to the main story, almost like the soundtrack to a movie. It was an unusual experiment, and with a few more pages to get used to it, I think it would've made more sense and been pretty cool. As it is, it just confuses things. Oh well. Better luck next year, right?

No comments: